STRIPPED

This blog is designed to enlighten, inspire, and inform my audience. It is based on my personal experiences and what I have come to learn and grow from based on those experiences.

I blog on various topics, and post recent works of art including poetry, stories, photos, and featured articles of my latest work.

Topics include, but are not limited to: alternative health, psychology, domestic abuse, women's rights, the health care industry, exotic dancing industry, entertainment industry, and more.

Any psychological theory or content is based on numerous and well-researched data including, but not limited to, work of M. Scott Peck, Carl Jung, Dr. Daniel Amen, Dr. Barry Sears, and various, credible internet sources.

VIXXAVIOLET.COM IS UNDER RE-CONSTRUCTION.
PLEASE BEAR WITH ME DURING THIS WAITING TIME AND THANK YOU FOR YOUR LOYALTY AND PATIENCE!!!

Enter, read and utilize at your own risk.

12.26.2010

ANTI-Biotics Means "Anti-Life"

I was watching a TV show program on WHYY, called 'The Road to Perfect Health'.

Because I suffer from Chronic Fatigue Syndrome / Fibromyalgia, I have begun an extensive exploration of my entire body and health system...from my brain chemistry, to my body chemistry...from my lymphatic system to my endocrine system to my pH levels to my colon.
While it has been necessary for me to take certain medications to manage my Bipolar, I have always stayed as up-to-date on natural and holistic treatments. I've always exercised, taken fish oil, eaten lots of fruits and vegetables...even my family has remarked on how much I do to maintain and better my health...yet I still stay tired, depressed, sick.

However, I have been on at least 6 to 7 different anti-biotics in my lifetime. At 9 years old, I began to get boils. Boils are skin legions that would develop from an infection in the body.
What did the doctors do? (Of course...and no, I don't blame my parents here)...they gave me anti-biotics.
I had at lest 2 other staff infections before age 20 which 'required' antibiotics.

At age 12 or 13, I began to get acne.
Very bad acne.
Over the next six years, I tried every over-the-counter and prescription acne medication you can think of. Proactiv, Differin, every salicylic acid and benzoyl peroxide and sulfur product. Tea tree oil skin care products from the Body Shop. Then, finally....my dermatologist placed me on at least four different anti-biotics including Bactrim, Tetracycline...at sixteen, on birth control...the last, final, recommended step was Accutane.

(As desperate as I was to have clear skin...I refused to take Accutane. Thank God. I'd probably have a failed liver or have committed suicide had I done it.)

The point is: antibiotics translates to "kill" "life" (bios). The antibiotic supposedly "kills" the "harmful bacteria". HOWEVER. It is also killing GOOD bacteria. Hence 'probiotic'...often we hear the word probiotic in yogurt (esp. live culture Greek yogurt or Activia). These bacteria are good, and they promote  healthy digestion.

I know anti-biotics have done major damage to my immune system. Other medications, as well...including everything from anti-depressants to processed food, etc. 

So...what do I suggest??
1) Stop taking anti-biotics. Unless you have a severe illness, or it is a life or death situation, of course.
2) Supplement with probiotics. I need to get on this!
Greek yogurt has lots of natural pro-biotics. You can also take a digestive enzyme (I'll follow up with good enzyme supplements).
3) Limit processed food. Eat LIVE food. Fruits, veggies, water. Coconut Oil is great for the digestive system.
4) Avoid unnecessary vaccines, like Gardasil, flu vaccine, etc. 

Here's to a healthy gut in 2011!!
 

3 comments:

  1. Try a macrobiotic diet. It may help you, though it can be somewhat regimented.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some interesting tidbits:
    We have more bacteria living in and on our bodies then there are human cells making up those bodies.

    Our DNA has viral and bacterial DNA mixed into it. Our cells build protein cages around those sections to ensure they are not activated, but sometimes the cages are damaged and the DNA sequences get activated, causing disease.

    Each human has thousands of species of bacteria in their gut. No two humans has the same mix of species. People who eat a lot of meat have very different types of bacteria then people who eat little to no meat. When you take antibiotics it annihilates the bacteria in your gut. When you are done with the antibiotics your gut is recolonized, but by a new, different mix of species. It never goes back to it's original state.

    This one just has to be read to be believed:
    http://www.pottsmerc.com/articles/2010/12/27/life/srv0000010331705.txt

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, Jerry!! =) Will def check it out.

    I also just got back from my vitamin store...the nutritionist there told me that your body stops creating new digestive enzymes at age 15.

    ReplyDelete